In my neck of the woods, Autumn is here! The leaves are a vivid hue of red, orange, and yellow. The mornings and evenings are crisp, and sometimes I can see my breath. The afternoons tend to be drizzly and cool, but after such a dry and hot summer, I welcome the rain. And to add to the coziness of the season, I’ve already lit some fires in the fireplace. This year, Michigan has offered me the finest Autumn I’ve ever had the pleasure to experience.
Every Autumn, I get a hankering for pumpkin everything. Pumpkin bread. Pumpkin pie. Pumpkin Spice lattes from Jackson Coffee Company. One thing I’ve yet to try is pumpkin spiced or pumpkin flavored teas. So, for my very first B&T Wishlist, I wanted to show off the pumpkin-y teas I’ve been pining for this season.
1. Pumpkin Spice by Culinary Teas – Black tea, hibiscus, rosehip, almond pieces, cinnamon pieces, rooibos, vanilla pieces, apple and orange pieces, sunflower and Calendula petal, and natural pumpkin flavoring
The pumpkin is listed last, which makes me wonder if the “pumpkin” is more subtle compared to the “spice”. Still, my interest has been piqued.
2. Sweet Autumn Tea by Lupicia – Chestnut flavored rooibos with chunks of Japanese sweet potato and pumpkin
The chestnut flavored rooibos is what caught my eye first. My first experience with chestnut flavored tea was a positive one, so I’m more apt to try another. I’m also curious how the chunks of vegetables will flavor the tea.
3. Pumpkin Spice Rooibos by Tea Guys – pumpkin pieces, freshly milled fall spices, a hint of cream, and sweet candied peanuts with organic honeybush & rooibos
You guys, doesn’t this sound absolutely divine? Just reading the description makes me feel all warm and cozy. I think this would be a delicious dessert tea, plus I’m very curious about the sweet candied peanuts. Peanuts in tea? Okay, I’ll bite.
5. Pumpkin Chai by DAVIDsTEA – Black tea, cinnamon, cloves, lemon peel, squash, carrot, caramel bits, pumpkin candies, natural and artificial flavouring
For starters, I’ve heard so many positive things about DAVIDsTEA that I’ve decided I need to try out the brand as soon as possible. The company seems to be wildly creative with their tea flavors– Banana nut bread? Cheeky Lychee? Jolly Jelly Bean?! Hello! Count me in.
6. Roasted Pumpkin Mate by Fusion Teas – Roasted mate, organic honeybush, organic rooibos, buckwheat, mace, ginger, toasted rice, cinnamon, candied peanuts, pumpkin pieces, sweet potato, caramel pieces, pumpkin seeds, natural flavors, stevia leaf
This sounds fairly similar to the Pumpkin Spice Rooibos, but the Mate should give the brew a nice kick of caffeine!
What sort of pumpkin treats do you like to munch on during the Autumn months? Is there a pumpkin flavored beverage you turn to when the temperature drops?